1. Are you being overcharged?
Many car-owners are not necessarily experts. Because of this, not everyone knows if a price quote is reasonable or too high. Do research before getting a quote, then get a second opinion from a mechanic or knowledgeable friend that you trust to tell you whether the quoted price is fair.
2. Are you fixing the right problem?
Especially if a repair is costly, you will want to know whether a mechanic is diagnosing the problem correctly. Wrong diagnoses can mean more problems and possibly a higher bill for you.
3. How important is the repair?
While repairs that cost only $20 may not be worth a second opinion, it is smart to get additional advice if the repair features a few characteristics:
- You cannot drive your car without getting the work done.
- This is a recurring problem that was not successfully fixed the first time.
- The initial quote is a considerable sum of money.
Get the most out of your car repairs by asking around before making any costly decisions. If you are in need of a reliable second opinion, visit this website to learn more about VW repair in Mountain View.